Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net> on 2005/02/23 15:23:27 UTC

Subversion book and translations moved.

The Subversion book sources (in doc/book/book and thereabouts) and its
translations (de, nb, es, ru) have been moved out of the Subversion
source code repository, and into a repository at:

   http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/

I've copied into the userfile for that repository the authstuffs for
all Subversion project full and doc-related committers.  There is
currently a single mailing list setup for chatter and commitstuffs:

   svnbook dash dev at red dash bean dot com

I tried really hard not to break stuff, but it seems only reasonable
to expect something to have gone wrong, especially considering the
steaming heap of agricultural post-digestional wasteproduct that
masquerades as the lump of reeking bitrot we call 'svndumpfilter'.

But I'm not bitter.

At any rate, if something is horked, you know where to find me.

Re: Subversion book and translations moved.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Michael W Thelen <mi...@pietdepsi.com> writes:

> C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> > I've copied into the userfile for that repository the authstuffs for
> > all Subversion project full and doc-related committers.  There is
> > currently a single mailing list setup for chatter and commitstuffs:
> >
> >    svnbook dash dev at red dash bean dot com
>
> How does one subscribe to this list?  I couldn't find any information on
> the Subversion mailing list page nor on the red-bean mailing list page.

Heh.  I suppose that is non-obvious, huh.  I'll add a link to
http://www.red-bean.com/mailman/listinfo/svnbook-dev on the
svnbook.com website.

Re: Subversion book and translations moved.

Posted by Michael W Thelen <mi...@pietdepsi.com>.

--
Michael W Thelen
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with

Re: Subversion book and translations moved.

Posted by Bruce Elrick <br...@elrick.ca>.
C. Michael Pilato wrote:

>I tried really hard not to break stuff, but it seems only reasonable
>to expect something to have gone wrong, especially considering the
>steaming heap of agricultural post-digestional wasteproduct that
>masquerades as the lump of reeking bitrot we call 'svndumpfilter'.
>
>But I'm not bitter.

You may be interested in the Shakespearean Insulter:
http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/
:-)

Re: Subversion book and translations moved.

Posted by Kobayashi Noritada <no...@dolphin.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp>.
Hi,

It seems information written as the svnbook translation section in
www/project_development.html still remains old.
Will you update the description?

> The Subversion book sources (in doc/book/book and thereabouts) and its
> translations (de, nb, es, ru) have been moved out of the Subversion
> source code repository, and into a repository at:
>
>    http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/
>
> I've copied into the userfile for that repository the authstuffs for
> all Subversion project full and doc-related committers.  There is
> currently a single mailing list setup for chatter and commitstuffs:
>
>    svnbook dash dev at red dash bean dot com

Regards,

- nori

Re: Subversion book and translations moved.

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@collab.net>.
On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 13:47 -0600, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> Maverick Crank GRey <ma...@mail.ru> writes:
>
> > Good day, C. Michael Pilato :)
> > You wrote: Subversion book and translations moved.
> >
> > CMP> The Subversion book sources (in doc/book/book and thereabouts) and its
> > CMP> translations (de, nb, es, ru) have been moved out of the Subversion
> > CMP> source code repository, and into a repository at:
> >
> > CMP>    http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/
> > What is about HTTPS?
> > e.g. https://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/
>
> That was accidentally broken during some unrelated red-bean
> maintenance changes yesterday.  Fitz is fixing this now.

All better now.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

-Fitz

Re: Subversion book and translations moved.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.

Posted by Maverick Crank GRey <ma...@mail.ru>.
Good day, C. Michael Pilato :)
You wrote: «Subversion book and translations moved.»

CMP> The Subversion book sources (in doc/book/book and thereabouts) and its
CMP> translations (de, nb, es, ru) have been moved out of the Subversion
CMP> source code repository, and into a repository at:

CMP>    http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/
What is about HTTPS?
e.g. https://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/

[skip]

--
Be HappY!!!          2005-02-24 12:07:04 UTC +0300 (MSK)
Maverick Crank GRey  e-mail: maverick_grey@mail.ru