Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ping Kwan Cheung <pc...@hotmail.com> on 2007/02/15 20:03:50 UTC

Problem to commit the changes in MS Word Document.

Hi,

We use Subversion and TortoiseSVN to manage our MS Word Documents.
Initially, we don't have problem to add new document to Subversion.

However, the problem come up after we updated the contents of our MS Word
Document.  When we try to commit the updated document to Subversion with
TortoiseSVN, we got the following error.

Error: Commit failed (details follow):
Error: PUT of '/svn/...documentpath...': Could not send request body: An
existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
(http://Subverion Server IP address)

Do anyone know what causing this error and how could I commit my updated MS
Word Document to Subversion?

Thanks

Dukey

Re: Problem to commit the changes in MS Word Document.

Posted by ka...@mindspeed.com.
"Ping Kwan Cheung" <pc...@hotmail.com> wrote on 02/15/2007 12:03:50 PM:

> Hi,
>
> We use Subversion and TortoiseSVN to manage our MS Word Documents.
> Initially, we don't have problem to add new document to Subversion.
>
> However, the problem come up after we updated the contents of our MS
Word
> Document.  When we try to commit the updated document to Subversion with

> TortoiseSVN, we got the following error.
>
> Error: Commit failed (details follow):
> Error: PUT of '/svn/...documentpath...': Could not send request body: An

> existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
> (http://Subverion Server IP address)
>
> <<<snip>>>

That's interesting; I've been using a Subversion repository with word
documents with little trouble over the past few weeks.

Based on the error message, I'm guessing you're using the mod_dav_svn
method for serving the repository.  Does anything appear in the Apache
error log when you try this operation?

-- A. Karl Kornel, Mindspeed Technologies, Inc.
karl.kornel@mindspeed.com -- (949) 579-3503
"Remember the Rules: Separation & Optimization"