Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Support Admin <su...@technologyrss.com> on 2021/04/01 16:04:45 UTC

ACS agent not start from ubuntu 18.04

*Hi,*

I follow this link for setup ACS on Ubuntu 18.04, all is working fine
without kvm ACS agent.

https://rohityadav.cloud/blog/cloudstack-kvm/

My network setup like this

why can't start ACS agent? please help me.

--

*Thanks & Regards.*

Support Admin

Facebook <htps://facebook.com/technologyrss> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/technologyrss1> | Website <https://technologyrss.com>

116/1 West Malibagh, D. I. T Road

Dhaka-1217, Bangladesh

*Mob :* +088 01716915504

*Email :* support.admin@technologyrss.com

*Web :* www.technologyrss.com <https://technologyrss.com>

Re: ACS agent not start from ubuntu 18.04

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi,

Have you tried registering some other ISO? From the logs looks like the template file type is invalid. Also, check and ensure that you're able to read/download the iso from the webserver.

You can check the type of the file/iso that failed to be registered using "file <iso file". It will return type of the file that you can check/validate, for example:

$ file CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-2009.iso
CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-2009.iso: DOS/MBR boot sector; partition 2 : ID=0xef, start-CHS (0x3ff,254,63), end-CHS (0x3ff,254,63), startsector 444, 17600 sectors

We've been using template templates and isos from openvm.eu in our smoketests, which you can test in your environment: http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/iso/

Regards.

________________________________
Posted by Technologyrss Mail <te...@gmail.com>.
*Hi,*

Successfully done ACS agent running and create basic zone is ok. Now I
see different error when I try to add iso from local web server. But
when I add any template it is ok.

What can I do now? give me any idea please.

---Alamin

On 4/8/2021 1:58 PM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You don't have cloudbr1 bridge configured on your host. You may want
> to read through:
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/conceptsandterminology/index.html#concepts-and-terminolgy
> <http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/conceptsandterminology/index.html#concepts-and-terminolgy>
> https://www.shapeblue.com/a-beginners-guide-to-cloudstack-networking/
> <https://www.shapeblue.com/a-beginners-guide-to-cloudstack-networking/>
>
> As I've previously suggested, please check if you've or need two
> physical nics on the host. Otherwise, go to Zone -> physical network
> and then delete the additional physical network and ensure the one
> physical network carries all types of traffic (add traffic type to the
> physical network) and change the traffic label if necessary. You may
> read more on physical network with advanced zone here:
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/networking_and_traffic.html#advanced-zone-physical-network-configuration
> <http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/networking_and_traffic.html#advanced-zone-physical-network-configuration> If
> this is your test setup and you're unable to address the physical
> network changes, you may want to re-do the zone deployment from
> scratch again.
>
> A shorter hack to just make it work would be to set the
> private.network.device=cloudbr0 in the agent.properties and restart
> the cloudstack-agent service, and ensure that you've only one physical
> network in the zone where the traffic label is set to cloudbr0.
>

> Regards.
>
> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com
> @shapeblue

[cid:part1.49DE14BE.149322F2@gmail.com]

My interface config like below.

[cid:part2.210A3BC2.69B43CE1@gmail.com]

agent log error like below.

[cid:part3.304370AD.CEC3521B@gmail.com]

Posted by Technologyrss Mail <te...@gmail.com>.
*Thanks.*

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi,

pearl.dsilva@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: ACS agent not start from ubuntu 18.04

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Technologyrss Mail <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.