Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by yasser arafat <ya...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/03 18:12:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache module suitable for SSL passthrough

Hello all,

My JBoss app server has mutual SSL authentication setup (We do some
processing based on the client certificate).

I need to have a web server in front of JBoss. Which is the best apache
module that can do an SSL passthrough to JBoss?

Thank and regards,

Yasser

Re: [users@httpd] Apache module suitable for SSL passthrough

Posted by yasser arafat <ya...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply Tom.

I have an application in JBoss setup with a CLIENT_CERT mode of
authentication. When a user tries to access a secure URL, the JAAS login
modules kicks off, captures the client certificate and extracts the CN data
from it for authorization.
With the current setup, I cannot change the authentication to read from HTTP
headers.
I was just hoping that there may be some apache module that can pass along
the client cert as is.

Thanks,
Yasser

Posted by yasser arafat <ya...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Sandy and Tom,

It worked.
My question should have been to know the transfer of client certificate
rather than making SSL pass through.\

Thanks,
Yasser

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.