Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan Littrell <ry...@v-1.com> on 2000/10/10 19:59:07 UTC

Virtual Hosting w/ Apache + Tomcat + mod_jk

I have having difficulties setting up Virtual Hosts with Apache, Tomcat, and
mod_jk.  Below is my configuration thus far.

Apache

The domains are:
www.domain1.com
www.domain2.com
www.domain3.com

Each domain has a virtual host like:
<VirtualHost www.domain1.com>
	DocumentRoot <path-to-tomcat>/webapps/domain1
	JkMount /domain1/*.jsp ajp12
</VirtualHost>

Tomcat

Each context is in the dir:
<path-to-tomcat>/webapps/domain1
<path-to-tomcat>/webapps/domain2
<path-to-tomcat>/webapps/domain3

My problem is that when I access a jsp file at url
http://www.domain1.com/index.jsp it shows it as static HTML.

This does work however, if I access the URL
http://www.domain1.com/domain1/index.jsp.

Basically, it would make things easier if I could map an apache url request
to a tomcat context below and put this in each virtual host entry:

JkMount /*.jsp /domain1 ajp12

I know I can not do this so does anyone have any ideas on how I can
accomplish this with mod_jk or mod_jserv without using mod_rewrite.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

RE: Virtual Hosting w/ Apache + Tomcat + mod_jk

Posted by Mike Bremford <mi...@paperx.com>.
Virtual Hosting w/ Apache + Tomcat + mod_jkYou don't say whether you're
using Tomcat 3.1 or 3.2. Virtual Hosting support improved greatly in 3.2,
and if you get the latest version (3.2b6) from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.2-beta-6/tomcat_32_beta6/
bin/ you should get the updated documentation too, which has more info on
setting up virtual hosts.

Cheers... Mike