Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com> on 2009/12/14 23:07:51 UTC

Dealing with service errors from Groovy event.

I can't find an example of how to do this.  I have a Groovy event that does
a dispatcher.runSync().  When it runs and there are required fields missing,
I get an error page and that's all that renders.  What I really want is to
refresh the page with an indication of what fields were  missing.  My
starting point is product/webapp/facility/inventory/receiveInventory.ftl and
receiveInventory.groovy.  My objective is to add a bunch of fields for form
data that we capture when receiving against a PO.  I'm almost finished but I
can't find the correct way to deal with missing fields in a graceful way.
By "graceful" I mean something besides
"org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException:
...  the rollbackOnly was caused by: Error in simple-method [...."

My simple-method is returning an error, as expected, but how should I deal
with it in the groovy and FTL?

Thanks.

--
James McGill