Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/26 16:16:43 UTC

[jarkarta-ee] Is there apatite to ever use Jakarta EE logos on the TomEE site

Hello all,

I’ve been sitting in the Apache <—> Jakarta EE relationship manager seat for a little bit now, and I’m curious if you guys think that you’d ever want to use Jakarta EE logos on the site as having satisfied the TCKs or something along those lines? If so it would be prudent for me to minimally go down the road of guest membership to the Eclipse foundation so that we had the IP access to be able to use such messaging.

On the other hand, a considerable number of people are skeptical of the optics of the ASF joining the Eclipse foundation even as a guest member, and for the most part think that the benefit gained from such a membership would be not worth the effort. Note, the Eclipse folks are particularly excited about the potential of us becoming members, but I would think that’s because of the optics as well.

Figured I would minimally ping this dev list to see what folks thought because as it stands right now. I doubt we want to become members.

Cheers,
-Rob

Re: [jarkarta-ee] Is there apatite to ever use Jakarta EE logos on the TomEE site

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On Mar 27, 2021, at 3:54 PM, Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Do you you really mean a Guess Member, like in
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guess_Who ?

I did not, but since it results in a music reference I'll let it stand (and do a windmill or two)  :)

-David

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Do you you really mean a Guess Member, like in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guess_Who ?

Alex

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.