Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daniel Lechner <da...@xss.co.at> on 2010/02/02 15:37:38 UTC

Maven and JSFUnit - module structure

Hello!

I try to get some JSFUnit tests to run in our maven environment. But I don't
know the best way how to put my tests into modules.

Basically, we have several maven modules, with packaging type jar (or ejb) and
one with type war (which produces a "skinny war"). All these modules are
packaged together by a another module into an ear archive which is deployed on
the application server.

But now I tried to use JSFUnit as another testing framework for the application.
As suggested in the JSFUnit-HowTo
(http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JSFUnitWithMaven), I created a new module with
packaging type war. This module basically uses the already existing war,
replaces one file and adds some testclasses. I can take this newly
created "JSFUnified" war, put it into the EAR manually (replace the original
war) and execute the tests.

Of course, this is not the way I want it to do after the prototyping phase.
But the question is, what is the best way to do this with maven?
I could try to change the packaging type of the JSFUnit-module to pom and create
the modified war and the ear of the application within this module and run the
tests afterwards. So I have a single module with no output (except the test
results).
Another possibility is to leave the JSFUnit-module's packaging type war, create
another maven module which assembles the ear and possibly a third one which
executes the tests.
Or maybe some combination of these two possibilities (or a completely different
approach) is the best one. I don't know...

Thanks!
daniel

--
Daniel Lechner                     | mailto:daniel.lechner@xss.co.at