Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Benjamin Boksa <be...@boksa.de> on 2005/07/28 00:04:36 UTC

HTMLGenerator for parameter-data

Hi,

I am looking for a simple way to transform HTML which came from a
form to XML.

Is there an easy way to do this (maybe some kind of generator)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Benne

Re: HTMLGenerator for parameter-data

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 28 juil. 05, à 00:04, Benjamin Boksa a écrit :

> ...I am looking for a simple way to transform HTML which came from a
> form to XML.

The HtmlTransformer (from the html block) parses snippets of HTML
embedded in an XML document, this might be what you're looking for.

-Bertrand

Fwd: HTMLGenerator for parameter-data

Posted by Benjamin Boksa <be...@boksa.de>.
Hi g[R]eK,

> If it cames from textarea you would be interested in using
> ModuleSource[1], but if it cames from file input you should take a
> look at PartSource[2], both used with HTMLGenerator. Using module
> source would be like this:
> <map:generate type="html" src="module:request-param:yourhtmlfield"/>

That is exactly what I was looking for. It works fine just like that!

Thanks a lot,

Benni

Re: HTMLGenerator for parameter-data

Posted by "g[R]eK" <gr...@bluebottle.com>.
Benjamin Boksa napisał(a):

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a simple way to transform HTML which came from a form
> to XML.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this (maybe some kind of generator)?

If it cames from textarea you would be interested in using
ModuleSource[1], but if it cames from file input you should take a look
at PartSource[2], both used with HTMLGenerator. Using module source
would be like this:
<map:generate type="html" src="module:request-param:yourhtmlfield"/>
[...]

I'm not sure about syntax because documentation is poor, maybe some
simple investigation in implementation is needed to obtain details.

Hope that helps

[1]
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/ModuleSource.html
[2]
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/PartSource.html

--
g[R]eK

Re: HTMLGenerator for parameter-data

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Jul 27, 2005, at 3:04 PM, Benjamin Boksa wrote:

> I am looking for a simple way to transform HTML which came from a form
> to XML.

"HTML which came from a form"...?  Can you be a little more specific?
—ml—