Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Kurt Schrader <ks...@karmalab.org> on 2002/10/22 23:27:19 UTC

[POLL RESULTS] Which version of Turbine are you using?

>From those who replied, I counted:

Turbine 2.1:        6 votes
Turbine 2.2 Beta:  14 votes
Turbine 3.0 Alpha:  9 votes
Plexus:             1 vote

I was hoping that a clearer winner would emerge, but it seems that people
are all over the place in terms of what they're using.  Anyone have any
ideas as how we should fix this moving forward?

-Kurt

Re: [POLL RESULTS] Which version of Turbine are you using?

Posted by Shuang Zhou <sh...@defcen.gov.au>.
Turbine 2.2b1

Re: [POLL RESULTS] Which version of Turbine are you using?

Posted by Mike Haberman <mi...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>.
I'm coming late into the discussion....

But I am using Turbine 3.0 (cvs head) for 3 major sites.  (yea I know
about all the disclaimers :) )

I would be willing to move to Summit, http://www.apache.org/~jvanzyl/Summit/,
depending on the level of pain.  It looks so simple !
Jason, do you have a timeline for Summit?  (perhaps that's been discussed
already-- been away from this newsgroup for too long).

sorry for the late feedback,

mike

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@actf.com.au>.
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:25, you wrote:

> Kurt,
>
> 1) I would suggest that 2.2 be released (with a TDK), with clear
> migration instructions for 2.1.
> 2) Those using 3.0a are doing it from CVS now already, as there is less
> need for an official release.
> 3) Focus new work on Turbine 4 (either using Plexus or Turbine 3.0a as
> base).

+1...  but we still need to decide what to do with Fulcrum.

-- Rodney

Re: [POLL RESULTS] Which version of Turbine are you using?

Posted by "Randall G. Alley" <ir...@bellsouth.net>.
Kurt,

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@actf.com.au>.
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:27, you wrote:

> From those who replied, I counted:
>
> Turbine 2.1:        6 votes
> Turbine 2.2 Beta:  14 votes
> Turbine 3.0 Alpha:  9 votes
> Plexus:             1 vote

I think these results are only from the turbine-dev mailing list...  I am
positive there are many more people using using Turbine 2.1 and 2.2 Beta on
the turbine-user list...  has anyone added up the poll results from
turbine-user?

-- Rodney