Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gseoeltru solr <gs...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 17:52:31 UTC

Question regarding boosting for required terms

I notice that if I specify a boost on required terms while using edismax,
it doesn't get applied in the explain score.
Example:
Params: defType = edismax, tie = 0.1, qf = title^2 content
Both queries q=(+coffee^10 starbucks) & q=(+coffee^5 starbucks) give the
same results. The final scores are slightly different due to differences in
the queryNorm but in the explain block I see no difference at all in the
fieldWeight scores.

The parsed query looks correct & what I would expect.
+(DisjunctionMaxQuery((content:coffee | title:coffee^2.0)~0.1^5.0)
DisjunctionMaxQuery((content:starbucks | title:starbucks^2.0)~0.1))

Does solr/lucene support boosting on required terms ? If yes, what am I
doing wrong here ?
Any help mucho appreciated !
Thanks !