Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@apache.org> on 2018/08/07 01:32:40 UTC

new committer: Dylan Volz

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Traffic Control has
invited Dylan Volz to become a committer and we are pleased to
announce that he has accepted.

Dylan has proven to be a very productive and valuable member of the Traffic
Control team. In addition to providing significant amounts of code, tests
and documentation, he has served as a leader, architect, troubleshooter and
mentor. His architectural guidance has shaped a significant portion of the
Traffic Ops API framework and has facilitated the migration of Traffic Ops
from Perl to Go. In addition, he is currently leading the effort involved
in transitioning the Traffic Ops permission system from privilege-based to
capability-based. This effort is one of the first stepping stones towards
Traffic Ops self-service.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since
there is no need to go via the patch submission process. This should
enable better productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with
the management and to guide the direction of the project.
Jeremy

Re: new committer: Dylan Volz

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.
Welcome Dylan!