Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Weston, Toby" <to...@Misys.com> on 2005/11/22 17:10:08 UTC

[M1] Maven with Websphere Application Developer anyone?

Hi Folks,

Is anyone using Maven based structures (in particular J2EE ones like
webapps) with Websphere Application Developer (WSAD) or Rational Application
Developer?

I was just after any horror/success stories and if you can make the project
structure co-exist in harmony.

Thanks in advance,
Toby

Re: [M1] Maven with Websphere Application Developer anyone?

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@gmail.com>.
I worked on a project last year that was using WSAD 5.1.2 with version 1 of
Maven. It worked ok but we didn't get everything we wanted. My memory is
fuzzy and I don't have access to the project files any more.

1) We could use WSAD with the folder structure Maven wants just fine.

2) We had a sort-of-base-project with things set up to build all the other
projects as subprojects.

3) We would run Maven from the command line. Some developers set it up as an
external tool to just run.

4) The projects would build inside WSAD (too) and we could deploy that way
to the built in Websphere to test things.

5) That project had a Swing front end that talked directly to EJBs with
Hibernate in the back. There was also a tiny little web app that did little
more than show you the version number of the back end. Every "layer" was in
a seperate WSAD project. That implies there were ejb projects, web projects
and java projects.

Hope this helps.

-- Lee Meador

On 11/22/05, Weston, Toby <to...@misys.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Is anyone using Maven based structures (in particular J2EE ones like
> webapps) with Websphere Application Developer (WSAD) or Rational
> Application
> Developer?
>
> I was just after any horror/success stories and if you can make the
> project
> structure co-exist in harmony.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Toby

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com

Re: [M1] Maven with Websphere Application Developer anyone?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
We have several projects using WSAD and Maven 1.x

Developers typically code and test from inside of WSAD and
CruiseControl handles the continuous integration.

We stick to WSAD's project structure and customise Maven with
properties to make them compatible.

We've got:
EARs
WARs
JARs
Web Code (goes into WEB-INF/lib of the WAR)

and typically a project to manage integration testing.

HTH,

On 11/23/05, Weston, Toby <to...@misys.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Is anyone using Maven based structures (in particular J2EE ones like
> webapps) with Websphere Application Developer (WSAD) or Rational Application
> Developer?
>
> I was just after any horror/success stories and if you can make the project
> structure co-exist in harmony.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Toby

Bernard Shaw