Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Maria Jackson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/25 01:18:37 UTC

Finding time of query execution

One can find time of query execution in Jena from tdbquery using --time.
But does this --time include the plan generation time. If yes, is it
possible to find:
 (plan generation time) and (time to retrieve the results after the plan
has been generated separately in Jena)?

Re: Finding time of query execution

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 25/11/13 08:08, Maria Jackson wrote:
> I need to know these query times as I am benchmarking Jena TDB against
> postgreSQL. With postgresql I am able to separately retrieve the query
> execution time after the plan has been generated by postgresql using
> \timing. It would be great if Jena could  also give me the time it takes
> to retrieve the results after the plan has been generated separately by
> Jena as that would help me take a one to one comparison.
>
> I'll be really greatful to you for the guidance.
>

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Maria Jackson
> <maria.jackson.phd@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     One can find time of query execution in Jena from tdbquery using
>     --time. But does this --time include the plan generation time. If
>     yes, is it possible to find:
>       (plan generation time) and (time to retrieve the results after the
>     plan has been generated separately in Jena)?

You have sent two messages 8 hours apart and also asked the question on
http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/25376/finding-time-of-query-execution

You may be in timezone +05:30; other are not.  You are unlikely to get
answers on a Sunday night.  Please be patient.

	Andy

Re: Finding time of query execution

Posted by Maria Jackson <ma...@gmail.com>.