Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net> on 2015/10/22 20:21:20 UTC

builds.apache.org - ClassReloadingTest

Hello everybody,

so the groovy tests are almost working on builds.apache.org, but
ClassReloadingTest#testReloading always fails (Ubuntu/Windows does not
matter).

I increased the #sleep parameters to ridiculous levels:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/ce537f7ade9e04d2911710cf2641d2231a328d30/src/test/groovy/lang/ClassReloadingTest.groovy

but to no avail:

https://builds.apache.org/job/Groovy%20Ubuntu/lastCompletedBuild/Ubuntu=Ubuntu,jdk=latest1.6/testReport/groovy.lang/ClassReloadingTest/testReloading/

The similar ClassReloadingTesttestReloading#IfInitialFileMissesTimestamp
test always succeeds.

I suspect the failure has something to do with the file system of the
server???

Anybody got any ideas how to fix this?

On windows there is an additional test with always fails:
GrapeIvyTest#testClassifierWithConf

https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/d3bc07e5c2af7f5fbd344a961d549772de0680c7/src/test/groovy/grape/GrapeIvyTest.groovy

It fails with: Error grabbing Grapes -- [download failed:
org.apache.ant#ant;1.7.0!ant.jar]

https://builds.apache.org/job/Groovy%20Windows/lastCompletedBuild/Windows=Windows,jdk=jdk-1.6u45/testReport/groovy.grape/GrapeIvyTest/testClassifierWithConf/

Any ideas how how to fix this?

Thanks,
Pascal

Re: builds.apache.org - test failures

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
I solved this with a workaround by excluding the stax-api dependency
(part of jdk 6+). Therefore test now run on window on builds.apache.org

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
As I have no idea how to fix them, both tests are now skipped when run
on builds.apache.org

This means that the tests now run on ubunutu.

On windows there is an additional test failure:
StaxBuilderTest#testStaxBuilderExternalLibrary (failure seems similar to
the GrapeIvyTest#testClassifierWithConf one). With grap debug turned on
it shows:

downloading C:\.groovy\grapes\stax\stax-api\ivy-1.0.1.xml ...
	cachedGrapes: downloading C:\.groovy\grapes\stax\stax-api\ivy-1.0.1.xml