Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Suelmar Castro <su...@yahoo.com.br> on 2007/02/22 11:45:57 UTC

Start subversion as a service (Windows)

Hello,

I wanna start a svnserve as a service with windows 2003 server.

using this command to create a service: sc create svnserve binpath= "C:\svn-win32-1.4.3\bin\svnserve.exe --service --root E:\1000 - Arquivo\Tecnico\Projetos\Em Desenvolvimento" displayname= "Subversion" depend= tcpip start= auto

but the service doesnt start cause have some blank spaces in the path (E:\1000 - Arquivo\Tecnico\Projetos\Em Desenvolvimento).

then i change the blank spaces for %20, (E:\1000%20-%20Arquivo\Tecnico\Projetos\Em%20Desenvolvimento), its work, now the service started, but my subversion client doesnt see my repository.

What are i doing wrong? can anyone help me?

thanks!

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/

Re: Start subversion as a service (Windows)

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
On 2/22/07, Suelmar Castro <su...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanna start a svnserve as a service with windows 2003 server.
>
> using this command to create a service: sc create svnserve binpath=
> "C:\svn-win32-1.4.3\bin\svnserve.exe --service --root E:\1000 -
> Arquivo\Tecnico\Projetos\Em Desenvolvimento" displayname= "Subversion"
> depend= tcpip start= auto
>
> but the service doesnt start cause have some blank spaces in the path
> (E:\1000 - Arquivo\Tecnico\Projetos\Em Desenvolvimento).
>
> then i change the blank spaces for %20,
> (E:\1000%20-%20Arquivo\Tecnico\Projetos\Em%20Desenvolvimento),
> its work, now the service started, but my subversion client doesnt see my
> repository.

Read the notes on using svnserve as a Windows service -- there is a
paragraph and a sample about spaces in paths (it specifically refers
to spaces in the path to svnserve, but the same idea applies to the
root path):

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/windows-service.txt

DJ