Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/27 07:48:35 UTC

[dbcp] Release Plan for 1.2.2

I added just added a draft release plan to the wiki
<http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/DBCP/1%2e2%2e2ReleasePlan>

I volunteer to be the Release Manager.  Assuming there are no
objections, I will change the "TBD" there to myself.

I went through all of the open bugs and tried to classify them and
pick out just the really bad (from stability / performance standpoint)
ones to fix for 1.2.2.  We have already fixed some ugly ones and I
want to get these fixes into a release.  Pls all interested parties
weigh in with opinions / preferences (and patches!)  Obviously,
patches for any of the open issues are welcome.

Many of the bugs have to do with exception management, which is going
to be a pain to fix, since it will change behavior that some users may
be depending on.  I marked most of these as "fix later" because of
this.

Phil