Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by kemical <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/14 11:23:48 UTC

Re: Using Nutch with Boilerpipe

Hi,

I've just installed nutch 1.6 and solr 3.6.2 and i'd like to know if it's
possible to use boilerpipe with it (or if i should install an older version
of nutch with the patch mentioned above).

Re: Using Nutch with Boilerpipe

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
> Nevertheless, i should commit it and more patches anyway.

+1
Lewis

> Cheers,

*Lewis*

Re: how to crawl image document only with nutch ?

Posted by Tejas Patil <te...@gmail.com>.
If you just want to crawl images and dont want any html pages, add
rules to regex-urlfilter.txt
such that it accepts only (jpg / gif / png / ico / bmp) and rejects rest.
Remove all the existing rules from the file and add this:

+\.(gif|GIF|jpg|JPG|png|PNG|ico|ICO|bmp|BMP)$

-.

Thanks,

Tejas Patil

Posted by Eyeris Rodriguez Rueda <er...@uci.cu>.
Hi all.

http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Re: Using Nutch with Boilerpipe

Posted by "J. Gobel" <jj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

How can I use boilerpipe for nutch 2.1?

I have so far: (these instructions are for 1.6, i cannot find anything on
2.1)

4. delete the following lines from runtime/local/conf/parse-plugins.xml:
        <mimeType name="text/html">
                <plugin id="parse-tika" />
        </mimeType>

        <mimeType name="application/xhtml+xml">
                <plugin id="parse-tika" />
        </mimeType>

5. Add the following lines to runtime/local/conf/nutch-site.xml
  <property>

                <name>tika.boilerpipe</name>

                <value>true</value>

        </property>

I test with L: bin/nutch parsechecker -dumpText
http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/2845586/turkije-zal-syrie-niet-aanvallen.html

But that doesnt give me the desired result.

Thanks in advance,

Jaap

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Keep in mind that you don't have proper outlink extraction now.

Posted by kemical <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi and thanks Markus!

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Hi,

The patch should work fine with 1.6, i don't remember changes  to parse-tika that would result in errors when patching. If it does you can either work it out and submit a new patch or i'll take a look when i come to it.