Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/06 11:56:03 UTC

Policy and UI

We just setup a new cluster. A user has been granted:

Global policy to access all policies (read and write)
Global policy to access the controller (read)
Global policy to view system diagnostics (read)
Global policy to view the user interface (read)
Admin policy for process group NiFi Flow (read)
Component policy for process group NiFi Flow (read)

Despite those policies, the Global Menu > Policies option is still grayed
out and inaccessible.

I don't think this is the same issue, but we discovered a browser-specific
problem related to policies and functionality as well. using Chrome 36.x,
(a different user) could select Global Menu > Policies (it wasn't grayed
out), but nothing happened. When he switched to FireFox 31.6.0, it worked
as expected; the Access Polices page came up when selecting it from the
menu.

So, the first problem appears to be related to proper policy/permission
settings. I'm not understanding what policy is missing to allow the viewing
of Polices. The second is a browser-specific issue. I'm wondering if this
is a known issue.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Policy and UI

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Mark,

It is definitely possible that there is a browser issue there,
although we generally support the most recent two versions of the
major browsers [1], with the latest version of Chrome being around 56
and and Firefox around 52.

Thanks,

Bryan

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#system-requirements