Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/16 10:08:34 UTC

NMR and Features integration tests

L.S.,

If you look at the NMR and features integration tests we have at the
moment, they are using spring-osgi-test that pulls in older versions of
Spring and the tests have been written with lists of bundles to be loaded
hard-coded in the test classes.  How about transforming these into Pax-Exam
tests that leverage the assembly's features.xml files and
config.properties/jre.properties values instead?  That way, the maintenance
of the integration tests should be quite a bit less cumbersome but we will
also have integration tests that are matching the runtime container
environment a lot better.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: NMR and Features integration tests

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Freeman
On 2011-11-16, at 下午5:08, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>

> If you look at the NMR and features integration tests we have at the
> moment, they are using spring-osgi-test that pulls in older versions
> of
> Spring and the tests have been written with lists of bundles to be
> loaded
> hard-coded in the test classes.  How about transforming these into
> Pax-Exam
> tests that leverage the assembly's features.xml files and
> config.properties/jre.properties values instead?  That way, the
> maintenance
> of the integration tests should be quite a bit less cumbersome but
> we will
> also have integration tests that are matching the runtime container
> environment a lot better.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com

Re: NMR and Features integration tests

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Gert Vanthienen
<ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> L.S.,
>

> If you look at the NMR and features integration tests we have at the
> moment, they are using spring-osgi-test that pulls in older versions of
> Spring and the tests have been written with lists of bundles to be loaded
> hard-coded in the test classes.  How about transforming these into Pax-Exam
> tests that leverage the assembly's features.xml files and
> config.properties/jre.properties values instead?  That way, the maintenance
> of the integration tests should be quite a bit less cumbersome but we will
> also have integration tests that are matching the runtime container
> environment a lot better.

+1

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: NMR and Features integration tests

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I second Andreas on that point. PaxExam-Karaf will become a new Karaf
sub-project very soon (we hope before the end of the week with Andreas).
PaxExam-Karaf provides a very flexible way to test Karaf powered
application. I'm sure that it will be really helpful for ServiceMix.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré