Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by 张 臻博 <la...@hotmail.com> on 2006/12/31 22:19:53 UTC

how to compile modules

hello,

I am beginner in developing module for Apache. Here i have one question,
seems quite simple....

I am trying to write a module by myself. However, in the process of
debugging, every time i have to do "make" in the root
directory-httpd-2.2.3, which really takes time. I think it could be
possible to just do the make command in the directory where i put the
module. Is there somebody who can provide some hint? Should i write some
kind of Make file by myself or some other good way to do it??

Any kind of suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

br
frankie

与联机的朋友进行交流,请使用 Live Messenger;
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

Re: how to compile modules

Posted by David Wortham <dj...@gmail.com>.
Frankie,
I believe Issac led you on the correct path with 'apxs'.

I don't know for sure, but you may need to be working in C (not C++) to use
apxs (I'm just one step above noob... so don't take what I say for fact).
You should ask more questions of the mailing list if you are developing with
another languae (i.e. C++ or PERL).
My typical usage of apxs is as follows: "apxs -c -i mod_***.c" (-c =
compile; -i = install into Apache).
I believe there is a way to restart your currently running Apache daemon
from axps (at the end of a compile).  You will have to search the
documentation for that one (I'm not familiar with it).

You of course, will need to activate your module in the httpd.conf (or use
the '-a' switch during apxs).

Hope this helps,
Dave

Re: how to compile modules