Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Naber <lu...@danielnaber.de> on 2005/05/07 00:55:26 UTC

File.isFile() and links

Hi,

I'd like to add this code to FSDirectory.create():

    if (directory.isFile())
      throw new IOException("Expected directory, but '" + directory + "' is
          a file");

This way people will get a useful exception if they specify a file instead
of a directory (currently this leads to a NPE). Of course it should still
be possible to specify a link that points to a directory. I tried it here
(Suse Linux 9.1) and it works. But will it work on other systems? The
Javadoc of the File class doesn't say whether a link is a file or not.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de