Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/18 22:27:21 UTC

Re: Ignite SQL query result's metadata

Hi Menglei,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

menglei wrote
> Hi,
>
> Currently we are heavily using the standard SQL query functionality
> provided by Ignite. We have a lot join across the cache and need to get
> many columns from the query.
>
> But right now the interface of SQL resultset (QueryCursor in ignite) has
> limited exposure of the API, which is an iterator of the rows and we can
> only able to use the index to get the columns or the object we want. There
> is no support for the column name based retrieve operation like JDBC. We
> also don't want to use JDBC which is not fully supported yet.
>
> The interesting part is the QueryCursorEx and the QueryCursorImpl have the
> method to get at least the metadata which we can make use of. But I am not
> confident to use the QueryCursorEx (it may be changed) in all our queries
> since the QueryCursor is the right API to use.
>
> Could someone give us some insight for how to get the metadata?
>
> Thanks,
> Menglei

Did you take a look at field queries?
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries#section-sqlfieldsqueries