Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by 2017赵科 <46...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2023/02/21 06:37:38 UTC

回复: [DISCUSS][RIP-62] Cold read control

Dear predecessors

Thank you very much for your reply at first, the reason that add the logical cold data judgment is we can use this to distinguish logic hot data and logic cold data.
The logic hot data that is commonly Newly produced and a lot of normal consumers will read it, Although this part of data are used to stay in the pagecache(physical hot data).
So we decide that when consumers read this part of data, can not be in cold data read control, let them read quickly. The same can be obtained,the logic cold data that is commonly old produced and a little of unnormal consumers will read it and this part of data are not in the pagecache. if some unnormal consumers read logic cold data when they are not controlled, the system disk IO stress will be high, it will influence the whole broker's normaly reading and writing.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
drizzle.zk

2017赵科
464473306@qq.com

&nbsp;

Posted by fuyou <fu...@gmail.com>.
+1

2017赵科 <46...@qq.com.invalid> 于2023年2月21日周二 14:37写道:

> [...]
> &gt; 在 2023年2月10日 +0800 18:00,2017赵科 <464473306@qq.com.INVALID&gt;,写道:
> &gt; Hello RocketMQ Community:
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt; We have plans to add Cold read control features can control the
> reading speed of cold data so as to ensure the stability of the system.
> &gt; We also have written the proposal, and you can see it by the link
> below:
> &gt;
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P8JPX5b9CwYMlaFi_UBxqwxFoIiOXWuAEjV4yWdfFUw/edit?usp=sharing
> &gt
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P8JPX5b9CwYMlaFi_UBxqwxFoIiOXWuAEjV4yWdfFUw/edit?usp=sharing&gt>
> ;
> &gt;
> &gt; Please welcome to reply to this email or comment on the proposal if

  fuyou001
Best Regards