Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by noobmike <md...@lakeheadu.ca> on 2011/06/10 15:51:15 UTC

RSS Feed Question

Hey guys,

Is it possible to make a custom RSS feed? For example, I want people to be
able to use my App(the purpose of my App being to learn how to make a UI
with bxml and pivot) and if they wish publish their bxml code(UI they
created) to a server(the server will be my machine for now) and anyone else
using the
App can see the published projects via the RSS feed. For example

If User1 creates what he thinks to be a great UI, he can publish his code to
the server.

Now User1, User2, User3 and all the other users can see it in their RSS feed
which is in My App. Say
User2 thinks thats User1's previously published code looks like it might
help, she can double click it
and view what it does and what it looks like rendered.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mike.

Re: RSS Feed Question

Posted by noobmike <md...@lakeheadu.ca>.
Thanks for the help guys!

I think im going to side with working on a Servlet with REST.

Thanks.

Mike

Re: RSS Feed Question

Posted by Edvin Syse <ed...@sysedata.no>.
>> Do you know of any websites that would host my info that I want the users of
>> my APP be able to
>> subscribe to and publish to?
>
> These questions are sort of outside the scope of this list. Maybe someone can help point Mike in the right direction?

If you want something free, why don't you take a look at Google App
Engine: http://code.google.com/appengine/

-- Edvin

Re: RSS Feed Question

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
> For the basic REST service, I assume you will need a server to hold the info
> and to query correct?

I would think so.

> Also, for the RSS Feed, do you need a website to show the published entries,
> or can you skip that
> and just use a server.
>
> Do you know of any websites that would host my info that I want the users of
> my APP be able to
> subscribe to and publish to?

These questions are sort of outside the scope of this list. Maybe someone can help point Mike in the right direction?

Greg

Re: RSS Feed Question

Re: RSS Feed Question

Posted by noobmike <md...@lakeheadu.ca>.
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe they suggested it because of the
RSS example
on the Pivot site?

Ill see what the difference is, and suggest the REST services.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Mike.

Re: RSS Feed Question

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Why RSS? Based on what you described, a basic REST service seems like it would suffice.

Re: RSS Feed Question

Posted by noobmike <md...@lakeheadu.ca>.

Re: RSS Feed Question

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Does it need to be RSS? Could you use QueryServlet for this?