Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> on 2014/09/06 02:18:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Hi folks,

I have put together a release candidate (RC0) for Hadoop 2.5.1.

The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.1-RC0/
The RC git tag is release-2.5.1-RC0
The maven artifacts are staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1010/

You can find my public key at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS

Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the now usual 5
days.

Thanks
Karthik

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
* Verified signatures.
* Verified LICENSE.txt  NOTICE.txt  README.txt are included in both
source tar ball and bin tar ball.
+1 once Akira's comment is addressed.

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Chen He <ai...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

download source code, build from scratch, deploy to a single node, and run
sleep job succeed.

Regards!

Chen

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding)

Ran a pseudo-distributed cluster with the Fair Scheduler and ran some
MapReduce example jobs.

-Sandy

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks to everyone who voted.

The vote passes with 10 +1s (3 binding), one -0 and no -1s. I ll work on
pushing the bits out.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Downloaded the source tarball, built binaries from the source, deployed a
one-node cluster, and ran some RM examples successfully.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Karthik.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Karthik.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Karthik.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Karthik.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
* Verified signatures.

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
* Verified signatures.

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
* Verified signatures.

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
-0 (non-binding)

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
-0 (non-binding)

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
-0 (non-binding)

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
-0 (non-binding)

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

- verified signatures and digests
- built from source
- examined CHANGES.txt for items fixed in 2.5.1
- deployed to a single-node cluster and ran some sample MR jobs

Jason

Posted by Eric Payne <er...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

+1
I downloaded and built source. Started local cluster and ran wordcount, sleep, and simple streaming job.

Also, I ran a distributed shell job which tested preserving containers across AM restart by setting the -keep_containers_across_application_attempts flag and kills the first AM once the containers start.

Ran unit tests for hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager, with one failure:
TestRMWebServicesAppsModification#testSingleAppKill. (YARN-2158)
Ran unit tests for hadoop-hdfs, with one failure:
 TestByteRangeInputStream#testPropagatedClose

Thank you,
-Eric Payne

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.5.1 RC0

Posted by Stephen Chu <sc...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Built pseudo-distributed cluster from downloaded tarball
- Ran several XAttr, ACL, snapshot commands successfully

Thanks,
Stephen

Posted by Stephen Chu <sc...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)