Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/25 20:43:54 UTC

[ANN] First call to round up issues for 3.5.1

I'd like people to take this next week to consider what issues we want to
pull in scope for 3.5.1.

If you are a committer, just add the issues to Fix Version of
3.5.1-candidate, ideally adding a comment at the same time with your
reasoning.

If once we have a seconding committer, they can just comment seconding and
move the Fix Version to 3.5.1.

I'm going to suggest a 1 week period of open scoping. After that point in
time, my intent is to be more strict and apply "release manager risk
management" on any new issues being targeted for 3.5.1. Similarly, if
issues targeted for 3.5.1 are not making sufficient progress they will be
dropped... but for now... it's open season!

Get triaging!

-Stephen

Re: [ANN] First call to round up issues for 3.5.1

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Guillaume,

+1 from me...

for that fix..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: [ANN] First call to round up issues for 3.5.1

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
This specific issue seems quite isolated to me and is likely introduced
when switching from Sonetype Aether to Eclipse Aether, where (IIRC) the
boolean became a Boolean.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

On 05/05/17 21:54, Robert Scholte wrote:
> AFAIK you, me and Stephen already agreed that MNG-5935 should be part
> of  3.5.1

+1 From me as well for this.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2017-05-05 um 19:23 schrieb Stephen Connolly:
> Progress seems to be being made... I'm willing to let current progress
> continue for the next 1-2 weeks before starting a whip-round to drive
> towards a release... anyone want me to accelerate?
> On Tue 25 Apr 2017 at 21:43, Stephen Connolly <

No acceleration please, I'll need so time to get my stuff integrated.
Especially because I found some flaws in our ITs and some regressions in
some plugins.

Re: [ANN] First call to round up issues for 3.5.1

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my phone

Re: [ANN] First call to round up issues for 3.5.1

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I would like to add the following issue:

MNG-6123 - detect self references in POM and fail fast

Karl Heinz: Currently having an implementation but currently conflicts
with some IT's cause they are using self referencing dependencies.

Moved it to "3.5.1-candidate"...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Some of them are assigned to me. I won't make it before Wednesday but
like to address them in 3.5.1.

Michael

I have found another issue Guillaume fixed yesterday: https://github.com/fusesource/jansi/issues/83

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
>      * [MNG-6186] - switch to improved HawtJNI
> Robert: Improvements have not been accepted yet, branch now has conflicts
Guillaume Nodet, from Fusesource, has just merged
I don't know when he's considering to do a release, but it might be quite soon

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
I'm fine with that:
style.color=[auto*|always|never]

the original PR is still based on a CLI option which I don't like because
all other style options are already and only controlled by system
properties.
I have to create a new branch if we can agree on this.

Robert

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

I'll look to cutting the release at the start of September, prepare
accordingly

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commit;h=57e4b331ebd41ab5337c60a7c8fc4d3d435475fb

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commit;h=fd57754218e749305be1dd745fda9407960cf985

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
I've marked MNG-6025 as 3.5.1-candidate. It has been fixed before and
looks like a nice improvement.

Robert

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2017-05-02 um 14:13 schrieb Jon Harper:
> Hi,
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6184 (a.k.a.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5592 ) still affects maven today.
> It's an old bug so the fix could be delayed, but it is relevant now because
> the bug is in the aether code that was migrated to the maven codebase in
> 3.5.

I have closed the duplicate and reopened the original bug.

Posted by Jon Harper <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6184 (a.k.a.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5592 ) still affects maven today.
It's an old bug so the fix could be delayed, but it is relevant now because
the bug is in the aether code that was migrated to the maven codebase in
3.5.

Jon

Posted by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
great!

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2017-06-04 um 20:55 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to suggest to introduce:
>
> MNG-6206
> MNG-6207
>
> to be part of Maven 3.5.1...
>
> Currently for MNG-6206 we have a pull request which solves the issue
> also the IT's are Ok for this.
>
> I will check also for MNG-6207..
>
> If there are no objections I will integrate them after the have been
> ready into master starting on tuesday ?

+1 Both issues and PRs look fine to me.

Re: [ANN] First call to round up issues for 3.5.1