Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Rudd <jr...@ucsc.edu> on 2006/11/12 22:10:40 UTC

Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin and Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

So, Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin says, in the doc section for
parse_config, that I should store my config data in a
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf object (and that the one I should use is both
passed into the options for parse_config and can be accessed as
$plugin->{main}->{conf}).

But, Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf 's perldoc page is not at all oriented
around a programming API approach, so I have no idea how to treat that
object.

What I've done for my next release of RelayChecker is treat it just like
a hash.

$self->{main}->{conf}->{mysetting} = $value

Is that correct, or not?  Or should I be accessing this object as ...
well ... an object (ie. via methods, instead of directly accessing its
data).  If that's the case, which perldoc page explains the conf
object's methods and such?