Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2022/03/29 03:24:05 UTC

[VOTE] Donate ShardingSphere-Proxy Helm Chart

Hi community,

Please vote about donate ShardingSphere-Proxy Helm Chart to ShardingSphere
community.

The proposal is:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHARDINGSPHERE/ShardingSphere-Proxy+Helm+Chart+Donation+Proposal

I paste the content below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Abstract

ShardingSphere-Proxy Helm Chart utilizes the Helm Charts tool to deploy
ShardingSphere-Proxy to Kubernetes clusters. Leveraging Helm syntax,
SphereEx builds and distributes the project.

# Proposal

The goal of this proposal is to bring the existing ShardingSphere-Proxy
Helm Chart codebase, developers and community into the Apache Software
Foundation (ASF) as ShardingSphere's sub-project.

This project aims to improve the delivery capability of
ShardingSphere-Proxy on Kubernetes. ShardingSphere-Proxy Helm Chart is
submitting this proposal to donate it to the Apache ShardingSphere
Incubator under the Apache License, Version 2.0, in order to replace the
existing scheduler framework.

These artifacts are currently available on GitHub at:
https://github.com/SphereEx/shardingsphere-charts.git

# Background

ShardingSphere is a Top-Level open source distributed database middleware.
However, currently ShardingSphere cannot be quickly deployed and upgraded
in a cloud environment.

SphereEx created the Helm Chart tool ShardingSphere-Proxy Helm Chart to
manage ShardingSphere-Proxy in Kubernetes. The project allows users to
quickly deliver ShardingSphere-Proxy projects for a cloud environment such
as Kubernetes.

SphereEx decided to donate ShardingSphere-Proxy Helm Chart as a
ShardingSphere sub-project with the desire to provide cloud services.

# Current Status

ShardingSphere-Proxy Helm Chart has recently completed the development of
its own v1.0.0 version, and passed the usability test. The project also
contains full usage documentation. We think that bringing
ShardingSphere-Proxy Helm Chart into the ShardingSphere community can help
ShardingSphere expand its deployment and delivery capabilities on the
cloud, and help ShardingSphere grow closer to the cloud environment.

# Core Developer

SphereEx  provides a new generation of open source heterogeneous
distributed data service platform. SphereEx's core competence can be found
in its ability to improve users’ data service capabilities, by creating
upper-level standards and ecosystems for heterogeneous databases.

# Donation Source

Github Repo:

https://github.com/SphereEx/shardingsphere-charts.git

# Source and Intellectual Property Submission Plan

ShardingSphere-Proxy Helm Chart was originally created by SphereEx in 2022.
The core developer of the project is li zhuo.

Last but not least, the SGA will be provided by SphereEx.

------------------

Sincerely,
Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere

Re: [VOTE] Donate ShardingSphere-Proxy Helm Chart

Posted by Longtao Jiang <ji...@apache.org>.
+1

——————————————————————

Longtao Jiang (jianglongtao@apache.org)