Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/04 15:42:04 UTC

[FlexJS] Failing build for simple example

Hi,

With Santanu we did build FlexJS SDK by Ant and tried to use this version to
build simple example. We are  getting following error [1]. Does anyone know
what could happen ?

[1] https://paste.apache.org/HQcd

Thanks,
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Failing build for simple example

Posted by sankar <sa...@gmail.com>.
Josh Tynjala wrote
> I'm guessing that you didn't update the compiler before building the SDK.
> think that fxg-base-class is a somewhat new compiler option.

Hi Josh,

We downloaded all these following packages fresh before start our Ant SDK
build:

- flex-asjs
- flex-falcon
- flex-blazeds
- flex-flexunit
- flex-sdk
- flex-tlf
- flex-typedefs

Piotr mentioned that new compiler options we need updated flex-falcon
builds.

Inside our binary distribution folder, and before running "*ant -f
installer.xml*" inside the folder, we downloaded most last and latest
compiled versions of flex-falcon from here
http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-falcon/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/
to "*in*" folder. I guess flex-falcon requires in this step of Ant
procedure.

Upon running "ant -f installer.xml" we had no trouble and we have produced
with a complete FlexJS 0.9.0 SDK as well.

But when build running on a basic FlexJS project, we're continue to get this
error:

> : -optimize=false
> : -compiler.targets=JSFLEX
> : Unknown tag:compiler.fxg-base-class
> : Unknown tag:compiler.fxg-base-class
> :
> E:\DevareaLocal\ApacheFlexJSFrameworkSource\source\flex-asjs\out\apache-flex-flexjs-0.9.0-bin\frameworks\flex-config.xml(127):
> col: 0 unknown configuration variable 'compiler.fxg-base-class'.
> :
> E:\DevareaLocal\ApacheFlexJSFrameworkSource\source\flex-asjs\out\apache-flex-flexjs-0.9.0-bin\frameworks\flex-config.xml
> (line: 127)
> :
> :
> <fxg-base-class>
> flash.display.Sprite
> </fxg-base-class>
> :
> :
> :
> E:\DevareaLocal\ApacheFlexJSFrameworkSource\source\flex-asjs\out\apache-flex-flexjs-0.9.0-bin\frameworks\flex-config.xml(127):
> col: 0 unknown configuration variable 'compiler.fxg-base-class'.
> :
> E:\DevareaLocal\ApacheFlexJSFrameworkSource\source\flex-asjs\out\apache-flex-flexjs-0.9.0-bin\frameworks\flex-config.xml
> (line: 127)
> :
> :
> <fxg-base-class>
> flash.display.Sprite
> </fxg-base-class>

Per Piotr's temporary solution, if I comment out that line#127 from
flex-config, I able to build/run a project; Although, I don't know what it's
(removal) long time effect.

Thanks!

Re: [FlexJS] Failing build for simple example

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'm guessing that you didn't update the compiler before building the SDK. I
think that fxg-base-class is a somewhat new compiler option.

- Josh

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Josh! That is another reason to make the release happen!

Piotr

-----

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yes, if we release a new version of the compiler, then Moonshine can be
updated to use it.

Alternatively, Moonshine could be refactored to allow users to optionally
point to a different version of the compiler, similar to how the VSCode
extension provides the nextgenas.sdk.editor setting.

- Josh

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Everything is compiled into a single "fat" JAR, so unfortunately no.

- Josh

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.