Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Michael Melhem <mi...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> on 2002/12/16 17:04:29 UTC

Depricated import in Cornerstone ThreadManager interface

Hi,

It looks like the
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.threads.ThreadManager
interface imports a depricated ThreadPool interface.

Perhaps the following should be applied (and excalibur-thread*-jars
updated) ?
- import org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool;
+ import org.apache.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool;

so that cornerstone can build against the lastest
excalibur-thread*-jars without compile time warnings and runtime problems.

Regards,
Michael Melhem

Re: Depricated import in Cornerstone ThreadManager interface

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:04, Michael Melhem wrote:
> It looks like the
> org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.threads.ThreadManager
> interface imports a depricated ThreadPool interface.
>
> Perhaps the following should be applied (and excalibur-thread*-jars
> updated) ?
> - import org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool;
> + import org.apache.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool;
>
> so that cornerstone can build against the lastest
> excalibur-thread*-jars without compile time warnings and runtime problems.

Unfortunately there is still people using the old interface. We should
probably work out a way to migrate them to the new version without breaking
any code.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald