Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by EBRARD Loic <lo...@airbus.com> on 2004/03/03 14:10:00 UTC

deflate - apache tomcat - ie configuration - problem

I found a problem with the Apache deflate module, which occurs depending on
the options of IE5.5  you have selected.
Config:

 - apache 2.0.48
 - mod_jk_1.2.5_2.0.47.dll
 - mod_deflate.so
 - tomcat 4.1.24

 With module deflate  loaded on apache and IE Temporary Internet files
Settings "Check for newer versions  of stored pages" set to "Never", there
is no problem.
With module deflate  loaded on apache and IE Temporary Internet files
Settings "Check for newer versions  of stored pages" set to any other option
than "Never", there is a problem, some servlets do not work, it always seems
to be in the JavaScript of my pages .

 Without module deflate  loaded on apache and IE Temporary Internet files
Settings "Check for newer versions  of stored pages" set to any options,
there is no problem.

As any one come across this sort of problem ? any pointers are  welcome ?

Thanks a lot

Re: deflate - apache tomcat - ie configuration - problem

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
EBRARD Loic wrote:

> I found a problem with the Apache deflate module, which occurs depending
> on the options of IE5.5  you have selected.
> Config:
>
>  - apache 2.0.48
>  - mod_jk_1.2.5_2.0.47.dll
>  - mod_deflate.so
>  - tomcat 4.1.24
>
>  With module deflate  loaded on apache and IE Temporary Internet files
> Settings "Check for newer versions  of stored pages" set to "Never",
> there is no problem.
>
> With module deflate  loaded on apache and IE Temporary Internet files
> Settings "Check for newer versions  of stored pages" set to any other
> option than "Never", there is a problem, some servlets do not work, it
> always seems to be in the JavaScript of my pages .
>

>  Without module deflate  loaded on apache and IE Temporary Internet
> files Settings "Check for newer versions  of stored pages" set to any
> options, there is no problem.
>

> As any one come across this sort of problem ? any pointers are  welcome ?

Did you have the same problems without jk ?