Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Giovannini Andrea <An...@formula.it> on 2006/12/15 19:11:31 UTC

Problems with exception mapping

Hi,
I'm exposing a method of an EJB as a Web Service with Axis (actually
with JBoss 3.2.1 and JBoss.NET which uses Axis).

This method declares an exception which doesn't extend
java.rmi.RemoteException so in the resulting WSDL it appears as a
wsdl:fault element. Axis can't map automatically all the exception's
fields (it has a java.util.Collection of an Error class I developed) so
I wrote a custom Axis serializer, in order to produce the correct WSDL
and the correct runtime serialization of exception content.
WSDL now is correct but the serialize() method of my serializer is never
called...

Any idea? Or pointers to tutorials/other posts/...?

Thanks,
Andrea