Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by irshad siddiqui <ir...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/22 08:31:34 UTC

Close and open vendor sorting

Hi,

I am using solr 5.1 in my search . my search are working fine

today i got one new requirement that show first all open vendor and then
close vendor.

All vendor have different time oping and closing for a day

Example:*"Royal China"*  vendor on Friday have 3 time slot for opening and
closing.

   - 11am to 2 pm
   - 5pm to 8pm
   - 10pm to 11:30pm

Kindly let me know how to show first open vendor and than close vendor in
single search query. please help

Thanks

Regards,
Irshad

Re: Close and open vendor sorting

Posted by davidphilip cherian <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Irshad,

So, assuming that each vendor information is one solr document, you will
have information regarding the vendors open-close hours correct? You should
be indexing this content in one of the fields, isn't it? If yes, then you
should try something as explained:
When the user searches, *capture the current time and search across this
field by boosting it with high weightage.  "date-time" field type can be
helpful with range queries. *

Posted by irshad siddiqui <ir...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,