Posted to dev@click.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2013/09/18 20:00:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Retirement into the Attic

Dear Apache Click PMC,

Based on your board report for September 2013, I'm
starting a thread here on the dev list for retirement
of Apache Click.

If you have any opinions, for or against retirement,
please make them known. If discussion doesn't really
urge against retirement in the next week I'll call
an official [VOTE] thread with resolution to retire
the project to the Attic.

Cheers,
Chris
(on behalf of the Apache Board)

RE: [DISCUSS] Retirement into the Attic

Posted by Tamas Balazs <ta...@outlook.com>.
Well, having looked back to the previous comments on retiring Apache Click it is obvious that there are some user-base present here (including me), who would be happy to use Click in the future. Should Click will be shafted to the Attic, there won't be anymore updates/bugfixes/plugins etc available, which will compromise the usability of the framework - plus there won't be anyone in the PMC who can sometimes listen to user's comments/requests/ideas either.

In short - it would be nice to see Apache Click staying despite of the temporary difficulties that it is suffering from the development side.