Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de> on 2020/06/30 18:15:40 UTC

Jira Issue Types

Hi,

in Jira we sometimes get issues created which turn out to be pure knowledge related questions. Would it make sense to add
another ticket type to account for that (e.g. "How To" or "Education"). Would also make the release notes a little clearer as
one would immediately recognize such ticket types.

WDYT?

--
Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827

Re: Jira Issue Types

Posted by "Martinez, Mel - 1004 - MITLL" <m....@ll.mit.edu>.
It’s not a bad idea - though in fact, upon selecting the “How to …” issue type, maybe JIRA could be triggered to display a note suggesting that they post their question first on the pdfbox user’s mailing list?

On the other hand, the idea of accumulating ‘How to ..’ questions within Jira could be a nice means for accumulating an FAQ database.  On the other other hand, there are a couple of tools out there one can use that are dedicated to that so might be better choices.

Just some thoughts from a long-time lurker.

-Mel

Re: Jira Issue Types

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Re: Jira Issue Types

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Re: Jira Issue Types

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 30.06.20 um 20:15 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> Hi,
>
> in Jira we sometimes get issues created which turn out to be pure knowledge related questions. Would it make sense to add
> another ticket type to account for that (e.g. "How To" or "Education"). Would also make the release notes a little clearer as
> one would immediately recognize such ticket types.
Projects are not allowed to define their own issue types. We have to use the
default ones.

> WDYT?
We are limited to labels and maybe components.

Andreas