Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gr...@servicecanada.gc.ca on 2007/01/25 21:49:48 UTC

Help with sorting custom contrib:table column

Hey guys.

I've got a nice sortable table using contrib:table, and I broke the sorting by adding custom column values.

So my englishTitle column uses the getEnglishTitleColumn() method on each row.

Where do I need to start looking to implement the comparator that will let the sorting work again?

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Help with sorting custom contrib:table column

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi, What helped me out was taking parts from the TapestryTables sample
application.  Towards the middle of the samples, the author introduces
a custom comparator for one of the columns.

The author is John Reynolds, and the war file is available online,
complete with source.

One of these days I'll post up some details on how I made a uber
column model than my Contrib:table pulls from.

Dan

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-958

it describes a generic solution - shouldn't be hard to implement those 2
new components detailed there
contrib:ColumnSortLink and contrib:ColumnSortImage

Let me know if you go ahead with this and are willing to contribute them
back - otherwise i might spend
some time in this by next week.

Greg.L.Cormier@servicecanada.gc.ca wrote:
> Hey guys.
>
> I've got a nice sortable table using contrib:table, and I broke the sorting by adding custom column values.

> So my englishTitle column uses the getEnglishTitleColumn() method on each row.
>

> Where do I need to start looking to implement the comparator that will let the sorting work again?
>

> Thanks,
> Greg

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer