Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com> on 2001/08/03 00:18:31 UTC

Re: Is there a way to get the Referrer information from a request?

Your web server must not be setting it then. What server
are you using? Write a quick perl script that prints out
all the headers.

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 03:35 PM 8/2/2001, you wrote:
>Tim O'Neil at tim@xythos.com wrote:
>
> > Your web server must not be setting it then. What server
> > are you using? Write a quick perl script that prints out
> > all the headers.
>
>Can't believe you are suggesting to use PERL here...
>Use the SnoopServlet... It does the job for you... :)

Oh whatever. I get yelled at by people who refute all
code but java, people who think perl is fine and hate
java, think pgp is the answer, believe in python as
the future... you name it, I've met some one who uses
only that. You can't win. I just try to get the project
done. Sometimes java isn't the answer.

Re: Is there a way to get the Referrer information from a request?

Posted by Beth Kelly <be...@bellsouth.net>.
I am using an apache server.

Kyle Wayne Kelly
(504)391-3985
http://www.cs.uno.edu/~kkelly

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Tim O'Neil at tim@xythos.com wrote:

> Your web server must not be setting it then. What server
> are you using? Write a quick perl script that prints out
> all the headers.

Can't believe you are suggesting to use PERL here...
Use the SnoopServlet... It does the job for you... :)

    Pier

Re: Is there a way to get the Referrer information from a request?

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>.
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Tim O'Neil wrote:

| Your web server must not be setting it then. What server
| are you using? Write a quick perl script that prints out
| all the headers.

It is definately not the web server that sets this header, though. It's
the useragent, that is the browser. And it only works if you actually
_follow a link_, not if you type it into the location bar or whatever.
That reason is pretty obvious.

--
Mvh,
Endre