Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2005/02/25 02:27:03 UTC

Re[2]: How to purge bayes?

Hello Mark,

>> Don't purge/reinit the files, delete them. SA will recreate them
>> when it tries to check Bayes next, and will update them with
>> new auto-learned emails and/or your next sa-learn.

M> Thanks for all your suggestions. I think it was the auto-learn thing.

>> However, IMO the journal file should be tiny, and most of your
>> Bayes data should be in _seen and _toks.

M> SA has now re-created everything; only, now I have no
M> bayes_journal any more at all:

IMO that's not abnormal.  To minimize locks on the Bayes databases,
updates are queued to the journal file.  When those updates are
written to the database (toks and seen), then the journal file is
deleted. If you're not doing very much in the way of auto-learning,
you may find the file gone more often than it's present.

Bob Menschel