Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/25 06:07:46 UTC

Board agenda comments on officers

Well, the agenda includes comments sections for officers but the agenda tool doesn't treat the comments as anything special. It thinks that the comments are the report.

Can anyone fix this?

Thanks,

Craig
Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Board agenda comments on officers

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 1:07 AM Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the agenda includes comments sections for officers but the agenda tool doesn't treat the comments as anything special. It thinks that the comments are the report.
>
> Can anyone fix this?

That should be a relatively straightforward fix, and if there are any
volunteers, that would be a good first step towards addressing the bus
issue that exists with this tool.

If anyone would like to volunteer, it would be helpful to get the
board agenda tool running on your machine.  We have both a docker
script as well as a setupmymac script.  I personally develop on
Ubuntu, so there are lots of options.

If you go to http://whimsy.local/board/agenda/2020-03-18.json, you
will see that the third entry has

  report: "[ comments:\n ]"

That entry also has no comments field.  It should have both a report
and a comments field, and both should be "".

Parsing of reports is done by the files in
/srv/whimsy/lib/whimsy/asf/agenda, in this case, the file that needs
to be updated is exec-officer.rb.  It already has code to extract
comments, but it currently expects a blank line before the comments.

The next thing to be concerned about is that posting of reports via
whimsy doesn't clobber the comments.  That code is in
/srv/whimsy/www/board/agenda/views/actions/post.json.rb.

Finally, it would be good to verify that the drafting of minutes will
remove the comments.  That code is in
/srv/whimsy/www/board/agenda/models/minutes.rb

> Thanks,
>
> Craig
> Craig L Russell
> clr@apache.org