Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2009/12/09 03:03:42 UTC

Tomcat 7 - META-INF/context.xml

I would like to suggest that context.xml files that are contained within
directories or WAR files do not get copied to a sub directory under
"conf" where it remains if the war file or directory is removed while
the server is shutdown.

Copying the file META-INF/context.xml has never made much sense to me on
why that was necessary or logical, it seems as a WAR file is self
contained, and should remain so.

what ya say?
Filip

Re: Tomcat 7 - META-INF/context.xml

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> On 12/09/2009 07:06 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> 6.0.x was inconsistent between WARs and directories. That was made
>> consistent in 6.0.19.
>>
>> META-INF/context.xml in WAR files always extracts/copies
>> META-INF/context.xml in a directory doesn't copy<6.0.19, does copy
>> 6.0.19 onwards
>>
> Then I suggest making everything in TC 7 consistent with directories
> <6.0.19
>
> That's the whole point, it creates nothing but confusion to move the
> file out, since it remains there and results in a failed deployment if
> you remove a WAR file/directory while the server is not running

So a host option extractContextXml that defaults to false? Works for me.
I might even code it if I get a chance later today ;)

Mark

Re: Tomcat 7 - META-INF/context.xml

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.