Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marcio Lopes <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/19 12:42:16 UTC

tableRow larger than a page

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to have
pagination in both direction of a page:
left to right and top to botton.
So when a table does not fit in a single page new
pages are spawned!!

Supose that I have table to large in width and height
so the columns grows from left to right and the rows
grows from top to botton.

single page
|----|
| 1  |
|----|

after pagination in both direction:

|----|   |----|
|  1 |   |1.2 |
|----|   |----|

|----|   |----|
|  2 |   |2.1 |
|----|   |----|

Thanks for helping!!!
Marcio.

Re: tableRow larger than a page

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Marcio Lopes wrote:

> I would like to know if it is possible to have
> pagination in both direction of a page:
> left to right and top to botton.
> So when a table does not fit in a single page new
> pages are spawned!!

Unfortunately not, XSL-FO 1.0 doesn't support it. This is well known
requirement, so-called large tables pagination, it was discussed in exslfo
community mail list, so I'm sure XSL WG is aware of it.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn Technologies, Israel