Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/05/14 17:45:35 UTC

Change scheduler interface

Hi Lenya developers,

when adding scheduler jobs, I'm again facing the problem that
the task parameters have to be known.

One solution of this problem would be to add jobs not from
the scheduler interface, but in the usecase of the corresponding
task, e.g.

--------------------------------------

    *Publish Page*

    uri:      ...
    document: ...

       [PUBLISH]

    Date: __.__.____
    Time: __:__:__

       [SCHEDULE]

--------------------------------------

This way, we could

(a) add a "schedule" step to the "publish" usecase or
(b) call the "schedule-page" usecase from this page
     with the appropriate task parameters.

This is IMHO a much cleaner implementation than passing
all possible parameters to the scheduler screen as we do
it now. The scheduler overview page could still be
available, without the "Add Job" feature.

What do you think?

Andreas

Re: Change scheduler interface

Posted by Felix Maeder <fe...@wyona.com>.

Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya developers,
>
> when adding scheduler jobs, I'm again facing the problem that
> the task parameters have to be known.
>
> One solution of this problem would be to add jobs not from
> the scheduler interface, but in the usecase of the corresponding
> task, e.g.
>
> --------------------------------------
>
>    *Publish Page*
>
>    uri:      ...
>    document: ...
>
>       [PUBLISH]
>
>    Date: __.__.____
>    Time: __:__:__
>
>       [SCHEDULE]
>
> --------------------------------------
>
> This way, we could
>
> (a) add a "schedule" step to the "publish" usecase or
> (b) call the "schedule-page" usecase from this page
>     with the appropriate task parameters.
>
> This is IMHO a much cleaner implementation than passing
> all possible parameters to the scheduler screen as we do
> it now. The scheduler overview page could still be
> available, without the "Add Job" feature.
>
> What do you think?

+1

-Felix

Re: Change scheduler interface

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> (b) call the "schedule-page" usecase from this page
>     with the appropriate task parameters.

Done.
But the usecase name is "schedule".