Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Carl Lefrançois <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/26 22:22:42 UTC

function parameter different from declaration parameter

when compiling the Axis2/C source I get many C4028 warnings "formal
parameter x different from declaration"

in the example below, the declared parameter is const int and the function
declares it as int.

declaration:  (\include\axis2_callback.h)
    AXIS2_EXTERN axis2_status_t AXIS2_CALL
    axis2_callback_report_error(
        axis2_callback_t * callback,
        const axutil_env_t * env,
        const int exception);

function:   (\src\core\clientapi\callback.c)
AXIS2_EXTERN axis2_status_t AXIS2_CALL
axis2_callback_report_error(
    axis2_callback_t * callback,
    const axutil_env_t * env,
    int exception)
{
    axis2_callback_set_error(callback, env, exception);
    return callback->on_error(callback, env, exception);
}

Is there a reason for this difference?  I am asking before I try changing
the declarations to see if they help me solve my debugging problem.

Thanks in advance!

Re: function parameter different from declaration parameter

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi Carl,

We recently eliminated a large number of warnings on MS Windows. However,
VS2005 did not report these warnings. It would be really helpful if you
could copy the output of VC 6.0 into .rtf format (copy n paste in wordpad)
or .xls format and attach to this mail. It would make it easier for us to
fix these issues.

Well, sometimes the header will have to change, sometimes it would be the
source. This is a tricky thing.

Regards,
Senaka

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi Carl,

In that case I believe 1.3.0 will solve most of your warnings. Well the
elimination of warnings on windows was done for the 1.3.0 release.
However, it is still better if you could attach a list of them. I'm not so
sure whether VS2005 and VC 6.0 are similar when it comes to reporting
warnings.

Regards,
Senaka

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Carl Lefrançois wrote:
> when compiling the Axis2/C source I get many C4028 warnings "formal
> parameter x different from declaration"
>
> in the example below, the declared parameter is const int and the
> function declares it as int.
>
> declaration:  (\include\axis2_callback.h)
>     AXIS2_EXTERN axis2_status_t AXIS2_CALL
>     axis2_callback_report_error(
>         axis2_callback_t * callback,
>         const axutil_env_t * env,
>         const int exception);
>
> function:   (\src\core\clientapi\callback.c)
> AXIS2_EXTERN axis2_status_t AXIS2_CALL
> axis2_callback_report_error(
>     axis2_callback_t * callback,
>     const axutil_env_t * env,
>     int exception)
> {
>     axis2_callback_set_error(callback, env, exception);
>     return callback->on_error(callback, env, exception);
> }
>

> Is there a reason for this difference?  I am asking before I try
> changing the declarations to see if they help me solve my debugging
> problem.

That is a bug.

Samisa...