Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Prasad A Navalimath <pr...@india.hp.com> on 2004/01/23 17:54:45 UTC

How to get Role name ?

Hi all,

My requirement is :
User1 -- who can customize its home page. This person role name is "role1"
User2 -- This person should only be able to view pages same as home page of
user1, ie., no customization links at all. This person role name "role2".

How I am planning to implement this is, --
*. login as admin, create user1. Attach user1 with role1, who can customize
its pages.
*. Login as user1, customize its home page to display portlet 1 and
portlet2.
*. Login as admin, Create user2. Attach user2 with role2, who can just view
its pages.
Now copy the psml files of user1 to user2's directory. So that what user2
sees is same as user1.

Now edit the .vm file, try to check if the role name is "role2", then
display portlet1 only WITHOUT customization option available, ie., only able
view portlet1, but NOT portlet2.

So I tried to display a portlet by title "JSLINK Examples" with description
"$jslink examples", that can display all the value from jslink. And in that
its displaying $jslink.RoleName value as it is.

So how to get value of role name ??????

Thanks in advance for any solurion/suggestion,
Prasad A Navalimath.