Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu> on 2017/07/17 20:17:38 UTC

RE: Porting XERCESC-2052 fix to 3.1 branch

Don't know if the OP (cc'd) is still around but since I'm trying to get us moving toward a 3.2 release, I wanted to clarify this...

> So just for the record, the error is really a regression, it worked in
> 3.1.1 and the fix in trunk was this commit:

I don't see how this "worked" in 3.1.1, the patch in question:

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1701594

Was applied only to trunk, not to 3.1.0/3.1.1, and the test case is only on trunk. It couldn't have been working on 3.1.1 or the "fix" is something else.

I was concerned that one of the security fixes to 3.1.2 and up broke something, and had filed this away to follow up before a 3.2.0, but this seems to be something else entirely, just a fix that didn't ever get done on the branch, and therefore can be closed out once we release trunk.

-- Scott