Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Russell, Steve" <St...@valueoptions.com> on 2001/07/10 22:25:13 UTC

FW: If Anyone Is Interested ...

Don't reply directly to this message.....its forwarded

From: "Russell, Steve"
Subject: If Anyone Is Interested ......Potential For IIS-Tomcat Install Pr
ogram
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:21:44 -0400

Hi; At my boss's request I PHP enabled our development server. I went to:
http://www.php.net They had an install program there for integrating PHP
with IIS. It was very nice. No exxhageration, it took me less then 5min to
get everything going ( I'm still having fun and games getting Tomcat & IIS
to play nice ). Anyway, I thought I would mention it as it shows that there
is potential to control IIS programmatically,....at least enough to write an
install for smooshing tomcat & IIS together. Since PHP is an open source
thing I'm sure if there was some web server/windows/tomcat savvy programmer
out there into writing an install s/he could contact the appropriate folks
to get some leads on help. A legion of people who have pulled their hair out
to get tomcat & IIS set up will be your best friends :)

Steve Steve Russell
Web Developer III
ValueOptions - Lifescape
703-205-6589
steve.russell@valueoptions.com

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by email,
delete and destroy this message and its attachments.