Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "S. Aguinaga" <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/12 21:39:48 UTC

howto gain full access to terminal via ssh and by pass "( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL ...."

I'd like to connect to my server with full access via "ssh user@server" but I get the following prompt:
( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL ) ( edit-pipeline svndiff1 absent-entries ) ) )"

how do I bypass this?
I just want to fully access my server.

I do have an svn server running and I connect to it via:
"command" svn+ssh://user@server/repo

How do I bypass the prompt?

Re: howto gain full access to terminal via ssh and by pass "( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL ...."

Posted by Les Mikesell <le...@gmail.com>.
S. Aguinaga wrote:
> I see how silly I sounded :)
>
> So, if I want to setup things right .... I should have and svnuser
> account, which I use when
> ever I want to access my subversion repos, and then use my standard user
> account  to connect
> via "ssh user@server" and be able to move around in my account space?
>
> & in the "authorized_keys" file (for the svnuser account)  I should have
> the command calling svnserve, the root of repos, and
> --tunnel-user, plus all the other no Xforwarding, etc. does that sound?

Putting command=something with the key restricts the ssh access to the
matching command.  If you don't want restrictions, don't put any there.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com

Re: howto gain full access to terminal via ssh and by pass "( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL ...."

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 09:53:53AM -0800, S. Aguinaga wrote:

>    I see how silly I sounded :)

:)

>    So, if I want to setup things right .... I should have and svnuser
>    account, which I use when
>    ever I want to access my subversion repos, and then use my standard
>    user account  to connect
>    via "ssh user@server" and be able to move around in my account space?

You can use your normal account to create and commit to the
repository without any special setup. svn+ssh:// is implemented
so that it magically invokes svnserve for you through an
ssh connection. No tweaks to your existing ssh setup are required.

You can also add a separate user account for committing,
but that is optional.

Note that if multiple users are using svn+ssh:// to access
a shared repository, the umask the svnserve process runs with
needs to be set to 002 to make sure the repository stays writable
by all committers (which should all be in a common group, for example,
'svn' or 'svncommitters' or something like that).
See http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.serverconfig.multimethod.html

>    & in the "authorized_keys" file (for the svnuser account)  I should
>    have the command calling svnserve, the root of repos, and
>    --tunnel-user, plus all the other no Xforwarding, etc. does that
>    sound?

You only need to put the svnserve command into the authorized_keys
file if you want to restrict the key to be used _only_ for svnserve and
nothing else. This is useful to give commit access to people via
svn+ssh:// without also giving them ssh shell access on the server.

Otherwise, just don't add any special options in authorized_keys.
It should just work.

Stefan

Re: howto gain full access to terminal via ssh and by pass "( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL ...."

Posted by "S. Aguinaga" <sa...@yahoo.com>.
I see how silly I sounded :)

So, if I want to setup things right .... I should have and svnuser account, which I use when
ever I want to access my subversion repos, and then use my standard user account  to connect
via "ssh user@server" and be able to move around in my account space?

& in the "authorized_keys" file (for the svnuser account)  I should have the command calling svnserve, the root of repos, and
--tunnel-user, plus all the other no Xforwarding, etc. does that sound?

Thanks again for your help!!

________________________________
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 01:39:48PM -0800, S. Aguinaga wrote:

>    I'd like to connect to my server with full access via "ssh
>    user@server" but I get the following prompt:
>    ( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL ) ( edit-pipeline svndiff1
>    absent-entries ) ) )"
>    how do I bypass this?
>    I just want to fully access my server.
>    I do have an svn server running and I connect to it via:
>    "command" svn+ssh://user@server/repo
>    How do I bypass the prompt?

Hi,

You are essentially asking: "How do I exploit svnserve to gain
access to a remote computer system?"

If you find an answer to this question, please let is know so
we can fix the problem.

Thanks,
Stefan

Re: howto gain full access to terminal via ssh and by pass "( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL ...."

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by "S. Aguinaga" <sa...@yahoo.com>.
In this case I am the Admin.

What I have done for now, is remove the start of "authorized_users":
   command=/usr/local/aliasbin/svnserve -t -r /root/svn/repos" (I use a script that calls svnserve )

So, If I remove this first section before the rsa key, then I can login to the server with full access.
That's why I 'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong in this setup?

// Sal

________________________________
> ( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL ) ( edit-pipeline svndiff1
> absent-entries ) ) )"
> how do I bypass this?
> I just want to fully access my server.
> I do have an svn server running and I connect to it via:
> "command" svn+ssh://user@server/repo

> How do I bypass the prompt?

Your system admin didn't give you that option.

Bye,

Erik

Re: howto gain full access to terminal via ssh and by pass "( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL ...."

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.