Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by janI <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/01/01 18:37:46 UTC

mwiki: HELP DynamicPageList.

Hi

Can anyone tell where DynamicPageList (DPL2) is used in our wiki ?

It is flooding our error log, and slowly becomming a security problem.

I would like to disable it, but before doing so I would like to know what
depends on that extension.

thx. in advance.
Rgds
jan I.

Re: mwiki: HELP DynamicPageList.

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.
Hi, Jan,

Researching the DPL extensions, I think that all our usage could be done
with the "old", stable DPL extension, rather than DPL2. AFAIK, the only
sizable problem is the <DPL> tag itself, which would need to be
<DynamicPageList> instead. Isn't that something a bot could do, working
off of that 'What links here' list? s/DPL>/DynamicPageList>/ (case
insensitive!) There may be other parameter incompatibilities, but they
should be few enough to fix by hand. Worth trying? (If so, please let me
know ahead of time, so I can be ready to jump on problems.)

/tj/

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi.

Posted by TJ Frazier <tj...@cfl.rr.com>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by tj <tj...@apache.org>.
On 1/1/2013 12:37, janI wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell where DynamicPageList (DPL2) is used in our wiki ?
>
> It is flooding our error log, and slowly becomming a security problem.
>
> I would like to disable it, but before doing so I would like to know what
> depends on that extension.
>
> thx. in advance.
> Rgds
> jan I.

The major use of DPL at the moment is in generating ToCs for things like
FAQs and HowTos [1]. It saves a lot of work, and errors, compared to
manual linking.

DPL was used to give "most edited" or "most popular" lists on the main
page, but those are now on the statistics page[2]. Edit this page to see
(at the bottom) some templates that use DPL.

For a list of all the uses, see [3].

[1] <http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos>

[2] <http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Wiki/statistics>

[3]