Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/01 10:59:39 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FtpServer 1.0.6

On 6/27/11 4:43 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> Hi
>
> We fixed a pretty large number of issues in FtpServer, so it's about
> time for a new release. I've cut a release, binaries here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-062/
>
> Distributions are available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~ngn/ftpserver/1.0.6/
>
> Release is based on the source here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/ftpserver/branches/1.0.6/
> Revision 1140167
>
> The change log is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FTPSERVER/fixforversion/12315314
>
> Review away, and please vote:
> [ ] +1, release FtpServer 1.0.6
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1, don't release because...
>
> /niklas

Sorry to be late, I had barely no time to test this release before today.

Seems like the tar.gz is broken
(https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-062/org/apache/ftpserver/ftpserver/1.0.6/)
:

emmanuel-lecharnys-MacBook-Pro:Downloads elecharny$ gunzip
ftpserver-1.0.6-src.tar.gz
emmanuel-lecharnys-MacBook-Pro:Downloads elecharny$ tar xzpf
ftpserver-1.0.6-src.tar

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1

(Same for the bz2...)

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FtpServer 1.0.6

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.
On 7/1/11 11:23 AM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny<el...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Seems like the tar.gz is broken
>> (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-062/org/apache/ftpserver/ftpserver/1.0.6/)
>> :
>>
>> emmanuel-lecharnys-MacBook-Pro:Downloads elecharny$ gunzip
>> ftpserver-1.0.6-src.tar.gz
>> emmanuel-lecharnys-MacBook-Pro:Downloads elecharny$ tar xzpf
>> ftpserver-1.0.6-src.tar
>>
>> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
>> tar: Child returned status 1
>> tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
> It seems like your trying to unzip the tar, (the -z argument to tar).
> That won't work :-)
Pffff... This is what happens when you can't get some decent sleep. Damn
cold which wakes me up every hour to get some fresh air...

Ok, checked :

[X] +1, release FtpServer 1.0.6

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FtpServer 1.0.6

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems like the tar.gz is broken
> (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-062/org/apache/ftpserver/ftpserver/1.0.6/)
> :
>
> emmanuel-lecharnys-MacBook-Pro:Downloads elecharny$ gunzip
> ftpserver-1.0.6-src.tar.gz
> emmanuel-lecharnys-MacBook-Pro:Downloads elecharny$ tar xzpf
> ftpserver-1.0.6-src.tar
>
> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> tar: Child returned status 1

It seems like your trying to unzip the tar, (the -z argument to tar).
That won't work :-)

> (Same for the bz2...)

$ tar xvf ftpserver-1.0.6-src.tar.bz2
x apache-ftpserver-1.0.6/src/LICENSE